Monday 9 January 2017

description


Check out my blog for more reviews all things books: DearWilderness & Books


Taste of Persia by Naomi 

Duguid




I received this as an arc from Netgalley as an exchange for an honest review.

description



I grew up to the smells and tastes of my mother's kitchen. There, extraordinary spices would be used from far off places that I only dreamed of going. That was where the family gathered to exchange long-winding stories about their day, question the future, reminiscence over the past. There, my mother would knead the bread, my father would grill the meat, and the unfortunate task of chopping the onions always fell on me. Elaborate meals were created and celebrated at that kitchen.


description

Now, a 1000 miles away from my parents, away at Uni, I often settle for the simple. Frozen pizza, nuggets, burgers (if it's frozen, you know I've tried it!). Unfortunately, as a student, time is as rare a commodity as some of the spices in my mom's cupboard. 

But, if I found myself the time, and I cooked one of the recipes, and it brought me home.
Even if you're new to these recipes, it'll still bring you tremendous joy to create these foods (and even more joy to consume them!).


description

The pictures in the book were beautiful, and the recipes were well-crafted and easy to follow. Naomi Duguid also brings in interesting background context on each recipe, this book is both a cookbook and a traveller's guide to Persia.


Also a delightful addition for fans of Sabrina Ghayour's "Persiana" cookbook



You can read this review and others on my website:

DearWilderness & Books

Goodreads

Tumblr

also, follow me on instagram for all things books:
Instagram


With Love,

description

No comments:

Post a Comment